May 08, 2020
Further Exclusions From Section 301 Duty Under New Associated Tariff 9903.88.45
The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative has issued new product exclusions from Section 301 tariffs for certain products from China. When a product qualifies for one of these exclusions, apply the appropriate Section 301 duty exclusion subheading under Chapter 99 of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS) tariff instead of the Section 301 duty subheading of Chapter 99, HTSUS.
- Section 301 duty HTSUS subheading: 9903.88.03
- Section 301 duty exclusion HTSUS subheading: 9903.88.45
Exclusion effective date: The exclusions are retroactive to September 24, 2018, and will extend to August 7, 2020.
Unconditional exclusions (products must be properly classified under the following HTSUS):
Conditional exclusions (products must meet the precise description provided for in the conditional exclusion to qualify) include 107 products, including but not limited to the following:
- bags and backpacks
- balances and scales
- bicycles and bicycle wheel rims
- binders and padfolios
- car parts and accessories
- chemicals and chemical mixtures
- closed-loop, digital, video security systems
- electric gear motors
- electric insulators
- hitches and hitch rise plates
- parts and accessories of meteorological instruments and appliances
- portable electric heaters and air fryers
- railroad car parts
- spark ignition engine parts
- stainless steel tables, tubing, buckles and hose crimp collars
- steel body sleeve couplings, mobile tool carts and work benches
- toddler beds, bassinets and cradles of metal
- Refer to 85 FR 23122 (Annex A of the Notice) and/or U.S. note 20(xx) to subchapter III of chapter 99 of the HTSUS for the exact description of products that qualify for a conditional exclusion.
For more information, please contact your local FedEx Trade Networks Transport & Brokerage office. For a complete list of office locations, go to ftn.fedex.com/us/locations.
Copyright © 2020 by FedEx Trade Networks Transport & Brokerage, Inc. Reproduction in whole or in part prohibited except by permission. All rights reserved. Information has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable. However, because of the possibility of human or mechanical error by FedEx Trade Networks Transport & Brokerage, Inc. or others, FedEx Trade Networks Transport & Brokerage, Inc. and its affiliates do not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, or completeness of any information and are not responsible for any errors, omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of such information.
If you would like to be added or removed from the Bulletin distribution list, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, firm or organization, and Internet email address.